Background

Monday, April 2, 2012

Over a week later

And we're still here with the boys growing bigger inside of me! I can't believe tonight will be our ninth night here and it's been over a week since the second steroid shot. I am so incredibly happy to be able to write that!

Daily non stress tests (NSTs) where they monitor the boys and my contractions have been great so far. My uterus is definitely "irritable" and I have a few real contractions every hour, but nothing that's actual labor so far. Several nurses have told me its quite possible to keep the boys in for many many more weeks since if it's going to labor will usually resume within 24 hours of stopping magnesium. Since we're six days out that's a great sign!

Andy and I are both very homesick, especially for our furry kiddos. Zoe and Pixel are being well cared for by my parents and Andy got to see them last night. The cats are at our house and Andy is going home at least every other day to care for them or my awesome friend Christine stops by. We're very blessed to have so much support!

2 comments:

  1. so happy to read this :) you andy and your baby boys are always in my prayers!
    sending lots of love to you all <3
    xoxox
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in your shoes! I went into labor at 29 weeks with my twins and I know the feeling of that awful magnesium and the preciousness of each hour so that you can get the steroid shots! My boys held off for a full month before being born and they are both perfectly healthy...they lived in the NICU for a month and are almost 2 years old now. They're doing great and so will your babies!!!! I found your blog through Kelly's link up and I will continue to read and follow your story! I know how scary and hard it is to be where you are!

    ReplyDelete