Background

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 4 of Bedrest

We're still touch and go but much less so than before.  I've been off mag for 21 hours with no major contractions just some "irritability".  My OB came to visit and is very very happy with everything. They've disconnected me from everything but the foot things that help my circulation.  Even my IV is out! Current plan is to move me to an antepartum room and let me shower and rest without monitors.  They'll check on the boys at least once a day and I'm to tell them if I start having contractions.  I'll be there until 30w minimum, maybe more like 32 until we reevaluate to see if home bed rest is a possibility.  I'm really happy staying here and being watched like a hawk  As long as our boys are continuing to do well and grow then I am one happy momma!


I'm feeling well overall, just a little freaked out of course.  My hips are hurting from lack of movement and I'm a little short of breath but those are all things to expect right now.  Every second, every minute, every hour, every day, and every week is a huge blessing!

10 comments:

  1. So glad to hear things are going much better and they will be keeping a close eye on you!!! :) Many thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that things are going better! Continued T&Ps for you, A and the boys.

    Love you like a friend-who's-really-a-stranger-that-I-just-feel-like-I-know! Hahaha Take care, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see a great update. You are in our thoughts and prayers. You are doing a great job cooking those boys! I know it's not easy. Keep on keeping on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall start knitting faster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for y'all!! You have such a great attitude! You're already a great mom! (Jess from Woodlawn)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came to you blog from KK SUYL. Praying you can keep baking those babies! I have almost 1 year old B/G twins and this has been the best year of my life. Not sure if you are on twitter but there is a community of Twin Mommas there many with similar situations to yours. We would love to be there for you as you go through this journey. In case you come over I am @cmgalloway there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do this!!!! I was started on mag at 26 weeks and was in the hospital for 2 months... Every week was a milestone!! I am telling you this bc I always loved to hear other people's stories, especially those that inspired me! I was told I wouldnt make it past 30 weeks..... I had my twins at 38 weeks!!! Never underestimate yourself and the power of God!! I would love to hear an update from you!!! I will be following!

    ReplyDelete
  8. melissa!! ohhh, you are in my prayers...you andy and your beautiful boys!
    you are so strong...you've been from the very beginning and i have no doubt that you won't get through this. please know you won't leave my thoughts and prayers.
    you're an inspiration!! <3
    i will be checking back each day!
    xoxoxo
    sending tons of love your way!
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I read these comments, I see how blessed we are. I thank everyone for your support. It means so much to us.

    ReplyDelete