Background

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A clean house is a happy house

As a future stay-at-home dad, I take care of many of the duties around the house. It might seem strange, but I find cleaning to be very relaxing and therapeutic. Among the list of chores I perform on a regular basis are cleaning bathrooms, taking out the trash, washing dishes, and yard work. The list grows as I take up more responsibilities, meanwhile Melissa works hard 24/7 growing two strong and healthy boys inside her belly. Just last week I began doing the majority of the laundry, and I can't be more proud.

It might sound sappy, but I love having Melissa come home to a clean house where she can relax right when she enters the door. I like having a happy wife, sue me, but I think this is one of the many aspects of our relationship that will make it last. Tomorrow will be our four and a half year anniversary. I didn't just happen to remember, I know because she mentioned it the other day. Either way, it is another milestone we've made that many couples cannot claim.

I'm not writing this to say, "Look what we've done!" Not completely, anyway. I write posts like these in hopes that people can learn and take something positive from our experience. I believe Melissa would say the same about her writings.

A marriage is something you have to work on all the time. At important times like, I don't know, a pregnancy perhaps, you have to shift into a higher gear and make sacrifices for one another. Never take each other for granted. If there is one thing I want to be great at, it's being a husband and father.

1 comment:

  1. beautifully said, andy!
    melissa is a lucky woman and you are a lucky man! <3
    so happy for you both!
    please send my love and thanks to your pretty wife!
    xoxo
    maria

    ReplyDelete