Background

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Busy busy busy!

Andy and I have sucked at updating our blog lately.  The past week has been super busy so most nights by the time I get home I've been too tired to do much except press a button on the remote control and watch mindless television.

On the 1st Andy and I took a breastfeeding multiples class.  I was nervous beforehand since I've heard from a lot of women that they left their classes overwhelmed and almost in tears.  And here I am with the crazy idea that our twins can be exclusively fed breastmilk!  But instead I really felt more in control and confident when I left the class.  There were about five other couples having twins and one triplet couple.  The lactation consultant was fantastic.  She made me feel like I'm not crazy for strongly wanting to do this and gave us a lot of tools to help make it happen.


On Saturday we went to a friend's wedding.  It was really pretty and a lot of fun!  My stamina is definitely decreasing though.  I've become a huge party pooper, but I guess that's to be expected when you're carrying around two growing boys.


This past Tuesday I had my work shower.  I was so overwhelmed at how thoughtful and generous my coworkers were!  It was fun for Andy to get to visit work and meet a lot of my coworker friends.  The food, especially the cake, was delicious.  It's obvious that my coworkers enjoy shopping for baby stuff since Jacen and Spencer were thoroughly spoiled!

Last night, after work, Andy and I made it down to his hometown (about 50 miles away) to have dinner with his dad, grandma, his dad's cousin and wife and her mom.  It was very enjoyable and dinner was very yummy.  Chicken friend chicken definitely helped me meet my protein quota for the day!  Leftovers will help with my quota today too.

While it was fun I was exhausted by the time we got home.  I think I'm nearing what mom's of multiples call "the first wall".  I'm enjoying every minute of carrying these two miracles, but I can't say it's easy on my body.  Managing protein and water intake, beginning to experience braxton hicks contractions and swelling, even just getting around in general is definitely getting more difficult by the day.  I can understand why my MFM usually recommends slowing down to part time work at 28w, which is only two weeks away.  Of course that's not going to happen for us unless it becomes medically necessary.  So far this pregnancy is going perfectly and my MFM's nurse said I'm not in her "worry column" at all.  I am so thankful for that!  As I've said before, I will happily go through any amount of discomfort if it means our boys are growing strong and healthy!  Judging from their kicks and punches they definitely are.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa, you look amazing!! i love your dress and the photo of you and andy.
    it sounds like you've been a very busy mama.
    i'm glad you're taking it easy.
    you're gonna rock the breast feeding!

    have a happy week <3
    xoxo
    maria

    ReplyDelete