Background

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Daddy's point of view of the doctor appointment

Today we had another visit with our preventative pre-term labor lady. While in the waiting room, Melissa met another mom-to-be of twins, only she was having girls. The woman had her hands full with her own two boys, aged two and three, running around the room, climbing on chairs, doing what boys do best. It was another little glimpse into our future. A few moments later we were taken back to meet with our nurse.

Today's appointment was focused on nutrition. From what I gathered, it looks like Melissa needs more calcium and protein in her diet. I know my wife doesn't like milk, so the calcium part may be a little tough. There are plenty of other alternative ways to get calcium, so we will just have to change up our eating habits a bit. The protein problem can easily be fixed by breakfast tacos, in my opinion. Eggs, bacon, beans. Check, check, check. Throw on some cheese and there's some of that calcium.

Our nurse was very happy to see how much I help Melissa. I take care of my wife and the mother of my children, and I pay close attention during our appointments. The nurse doesn't see that enough, and it was very reassuring to her. Melissa will read this and ask what I am sucking up for? The answer is nothing, except maybe a trip to Cabela's.

Immediately after our nutrition lesson, we had an ultrasound scheduled. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about our diet. These boys are definitely growing big and healthy. Don't worry. We won't ignore our eating advice, but seeing the boys today reinforces that we are on the right track.

On a side note, Melissa's cervix is looking great. Whatever that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment