Background

Friday, December 30, 2011

Healthy Dad

The new year is almost here, and that means resolution time. I'm not very big on making resolutions, much less sticking to them, but there are a few things I would like to accomplish before the twins arrive. One of them is to lose a little weight. Very original, I know.

I'm not terribly overweight, but there are definitely some clothes I would like to fit back in to. I don't want to spend money on a new wardrobe because I "grew out of" my current clothes. I read a good blog on this subject yesterday, and it is what got me more motivated about doing this.

I want to be as healthy and active as possible when our children arrive. I'd like to be able to keep up with them without running out of breath. I have a feeling they will keep me very busy, so a decent physique couldn't hurt.

I'm not planning on going all P-90X on my body. I just want to get closer to where I used to be, ten years ago, when I skateboarded 3 hours a day and ran the 100 meter dash. I want to be a healthy role model to my kids in an otherwise obese culture.

My goal is to lose ten pounds. I'm currently clocking in at 156 lbs. I know it's nothing life-threatening, but when my belly is comparable to Melissa's 15 week twin tummy, a little change is necessary.

I started getting serious with our budget, recently, and I actually enjoy working with all the numbers and accounting for all our expenses. I'm thinking of a way to create an eating/exercise budget that will make my progress easier to manage and keep track of. I really am turning into my Mom and Dad, a bookkeeper and an accountant.

Current Weight: 156 lbs
Current Mission: Lose ten pounds
Current Strategy: Eat less, move (a lot) more.

No comments:

Post a Comment