Background

Monday, January 30, 2012

Daddy's boys make him smile

I would have been excited no matter what the doctor said. When we were told we would be bringing two little boys into this world, my mind went blank, and I smiled. It's how my brain says, "I'm speechless". This is the way I show extreme happiness. I don't jump around, yell, or laugh hysterically.

When my father surprised me with a car on my birthday, I smiled. It was a big smile, but just a smile. When I had won a school-wide spelling bee a few years earlier, I reacted the same. When I got married, when Melissa told me of our first pregnancy, when we learned we were having twins. Smile, smile, smile. Though not everyone will see it, my eyes begin to tear up, too. I don't know why I feel I need to keep my composure at these times, it's just how I am.

Most people I know, say my emotions are hard to read. That might be true in many cases, but chances are, if I'm smiling, I'm genuinely very happy.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations to you, andy!!
    i'm so happy for you and melissa!
    keep on smiling :)

    ReplyDelete