Background

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rights of passage

Today Jacen and Spencer are two months old adjusted!  Happy should have been birthday, boys!

I'm finally getting to work on a mommy right of passage I have wanted to do for a long time; birth announcements.   Yes, I know they will be nearly five months old before anyone receives them but I don't care.  We didn't get to celebrate their birth since we were so scared and worried.  Then I was very protective of who got to see pictures of them.  I'm well aware that to most people a 29w baby is far from cute.  As precious as their faces were to us it hurt to know others wouldn't feel the same.  I also definitely had a strong aversion (which continues) to anyone saying our boys are tiny, little, small etc.  I just wasn't able to celebrate their birth in the midst of all the unknowns. But now, four and a half months later, I think I am finally ready to tackle this normal right of passage.  I'm ready to celebrate their birth for the joyous event it has become, not for the rough start it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment